The fashion sense of a person includes one’s dress, watch, shoes, and the fragrance he or she wears. Perfumes have been the companion of mankind for a very long time.
Since the early ages of mankind, business was at its peak no matter what the business was. At that crucial time, perfumes came into being and they vary from nation to nation and from human to human.
There are billions of fragrances in this world, and most of them are obtained from natural resources such as trees, the hearts of deer, bubbles of water, and so many others. The first man-made fragrance was made about 4000 years ago by a small tribe, “the Mesopotamians.” They gave the idea of perfumes and they sold them to executives at that time.
At first, the perfumes were made as a symbol of the rich, but as time evolved, they spread to the entire world. Now everyone buys them. The ancient Egyptians are known to be the first ones to use perfumes, followed by the Hindus, and then other people.
The difference between these is the concentration and presence of oils in each fragrance. The one which lasts longer has a higher oil concentration, e.g., Pour Homme, whereas Eau de Toilette does not last for a long time and contains a lower concentration of oils.
The standard and basic perfumes follow the same method of production no matter what brand is making them. The components include benzyl alcohol, acetone, linalool, ethanol, ethyl acetate, benzaldehyde, camphor, formaldehyde, methylene chloride, and limonene.
Differentiating Factors Between Perfume, Eau de Parfum, Pour Homme, Eau de Toilette, and Eau de Cologne
|Features||Eau de Parfum||Pour Homme||Eau de Toilette||Eau de Cologne|
|Concentration||Eau de parfum has the highest concentration. The word translates into perfume water. It usually is the heist-concentrated perfume||Pour homme has a higher oil concentration and it lasts longer on the skin which is why it more preferable||Eau de toilette has a lower oil concentration therefore it does not last longer||Eau de cologne is a perfume with very low concentration and it lasts for a very short period of time. It lasts for very few hours.|
|Percentages||Eau de parfum is the most concentrated perfume and individual can find with at least 15% of essential perfume oils which makes it lasts longer than any other||Pour homme is the Italian men’s style and signature perfume as the name translates into men’s fragrance. It usually lies in the range of 15% to 20% concentration which lasts for many hours||Eau de toilette is the perfume used after taking bath, applied to skin and hair. It is lower in concentration and lies between 8% to 12%||Eau de cologne is a weak perfume with a 2% to 6% the concentration of alcohol in its formula|
|Effect||Eau de parfum is the most concentrated and having at least 15% concentration can last up to 12 hours||Pour homme has also a fairly large percentage of concentration and it can almost last up to 10 hours||Eau de toilette has a small concentration of alcohol because it is designed to be soft and gentle on the skin and hair. It lasts 2 to 5 hours max||Eau de cologne is a perfume with much less concentration but its smell is world-renowned and it is designed in such a manner that it can hold much longer for about 2 to 3 hours of work|
|Price||Eau de parfum is the most expensive perfume that a man can find because of its raw materials and unique products||Pour homme is also fairly expensive as it is the favorite of Italians and of course because of its fragrance to||Eau de toilette is the affordable one for any man who is an enthusiast about fragrances and his attire||Eau de cologne is the cheapest perfume of all time which is easily found anywhere and is also a favorite of many|
Different Perfumes for Long-Lasting Fragrance and Activity
The main difference between all of these perfumes is that the more you pay, the longer-lasting perfume you can buy.
- The least expensive eau de cologne has fresh air and fragrance in it and lasts for no more than two hours.
- The eau de toilette can have its impression for about four or five hours.
- The eau de parfum has the highest contrast and concentration ratio, and it can be used during the day just to have an impact for the whole day.
- The eau de parfum is basically made for the executive class or the person who has a lot of meetings in one day.
- Similarly, one can get a fresh fragrance after spraying multiple times a day with eau de cologne.
- This method of using sprays is known as the splash method, in which spray is directly poured into a splash bottle and then used without the spray nozzle. This method is mostly used by men as their after-shave method.
- It is the least expensive perfume a man can find and is generally the getaway for many.
Production of Eau de Cologne
The eau de cologne was first invented in the 18th century and has maintained its value till now by Johann Maria Farina. He first proposed the idea of mixing alcohol with essential oils. As a result of this mixture, a scented solution was prepared.
This was the ultimate revolution in this world because the previous 17th century was the century when man started using saffron for fragrance and to cover the odor produced due to lack of hygiene.
This new fragrance was of huge importance and success because it contained fresh fruit juice and it was appreciated by the emperor of that time.
Today, the eau de cologne is remembered as the water and essential oils, but its importance is still valued and appreciated as it still has fresh citrus fruits and freshness to it.
Eau de Toilette: Less Concentrated
Eau de toilette is fairly affordable and is also very popular with everyone. The eau de toilette is less concentrated due to the fact that it does not last as long as the eau de parfum does, but it justifies its worth and value for money.
The choice of ingredients used in it is also unique. Eau de toilette is very famous and is used mainly in the summer season.
Summer and spring are the two times when an individual is exposed too much to the sun; eau de toilette is very handy on summer evenings.
Eau de Parfum: Long-lasting
Eau de parfum is the most expensive and long-lasting perfume. This is due to its higher composition, through which it can last longer than 10 hours.
The composition of eau de parfum is made from raw scantly materials and with the most precious and expensive other materials which are necessary for the production of eau da parfum.
Eau de parfum was the ideal perfume for the executive and the richest of the rich. It contains a greater amount of fragrant oil as compared to eau de toilette but less than parfum.
Pour Homme: For Men
“Homme” stands for “man” in the French language. So, pour homme is a classic fragrance composed of aromatic mint and marigold.
Versace is the brand that launched “Versace Pour Homme,” an outstanding strong scent typically for men.
It will usually last for about 6-7 hours and is most useful during the intense summer season. It has a citrus-like smell, which gives you a refreshing feeling.
- Every person has different preferences in various things; and these include perfume. People who have used eau de parfum might never want to use eau de toilette or eau de cologne.
- The gist of our research tells us that perfume may enhance your personality, but one should keep it in mind and go for the perfume he can afford. Even if he is rich, he should consider his taste and the perfume that will suit his personality the most, no matter if it’s not eau de parfum, eau de toilette, or eau de cologne.
- After having the basic knowledge of facts and figures, an individual should have made a clear picture of which perfume is best in his sense.
- It is not necessary that the best product be bought at the best price; what matters most is what a person has a taste for. One can buy an expensive perfume to show off to the community, but if he does not like it, there is no point in him keeping it.