Liquid cleaners work best for removing dirt, grease, and other stains from the floors. Alongside, they also act as powerful disinfectants. They can assist you in keeping those stains away that you can’t handle just with a piece of cloth.
Now, do you know about the four best cleaners on the market? If not, you have come to the right place. This article focus on the description of Lysol, Pine-Sol, Fabuloso, and Ajax liquid cleaners.
All the cleaners are efficient on various surfaces, have multiple smells, and are reasonably priced. Which are superior, though? What are the primary distinctions? You will find all the differences between them here.
Lysol is thought to kill bacteria and germs whereas Pine-Sol formed with pine oil having an unusual smell is a good cleaner but might not be able to kill germs. Fabuloso liquid cleaner is a less expensive and less compelling liquid cleaner that has a good smell. Ajax cleaners are ususally used for removing dirt from the tires of cars, gears of bikes, plastic containers, and hand tools.
Read on to find out how they differ based on their effectiveness, pH level, and specific characteristics.
The brand Pine-Sol claims to be a highly effective and complete disinfectant whereas its other solutions, which have a sweet scent, might not kill bacteria and viruses. These solutions carrying aromas of lemon, lavender, and “Sparkling Wave” are some of the best remedies for grease, dirt, etc.
However, the Pine-Sol Original acts powerfully at killing germs and bacteria when utilized at full strength.
Additionally, it performs best in its natural state after being applied to a surface for 10 minutes before rinsing.
The expert reviews reveal its adaptability and capacity to eliminate stubborn stains like hard water and mustard. Additionally, they warned that it doesn’t act as a safeguard for untreated wood, copper, and aluminum surfaces.
When kept on surfaces for extended periods, Original Pine-Sol’s recipe likely poses little risk of discoloration. The early Pine-Sol composition, which powerfully used pine oil, gave the brand its name.
Chemical Compounds in Pine-Sol
The whole story has twisted today; none of the items made by the company now use pine oil. Instead, it has other chemical compounds. These compounds have valuable properties.
Below is the list of those chemicals:
- It has glycolic acid, a widely used industrial chemical that is stable and low in toxicity. Moreover, it is effective at dissolving calcified solutions and is biodegradable.
- Sodium carbonate, a nontoxic but powerful chemical, is used in Pine-Sol products to dissolve the molecular bonds in surface problems.
Fabuloso is another brand in the market. In addition to selling disinfection wipes, Fabuloso offers a variety of multipurpose cleaners. Not one of its fragranced, bottled solutions is a disinfectant, so keep that in mind.
Fabuloso Cleaner: Various Scents
The fragranced Fabuloso comes in various scents, such as lavender, lemon, citrus, and fruits (made up of the aromas of apple and pomegranate). Spring fresh, passion fruit, and “Ocean Paradise” are other scents.
Fabuloso offers a series of cleaners named Fabuloso Complete in addition to its standard multi-surface cleaners. For thorough cleaning, these products use additional cleaning agents.
Fabuloso is safe to keep on surfaces, according to customer reviews, because there is little chance that it would significantly fade or discolor them.
But the Fabuloso receives a low rating despite claiming to be a “green” product.
The Fabuloso also contains efficient chemicals in it. The formula uses Sodium Laureth Sulfate and other Sodium Sulfate Derivatives as chemicals (such as Sodium C12-15 Pareth Sulfate). It breaks the bond and causes messes’ separation from the surface, resulting in easier wiping.
Lysol Household Cleaner
Reckitt distributes the American cleaning and disinfecting product brand Lysol. It is identical to Dettol or Sagrotan in other areas. The product line consists of liquid cleaners for rough and smooth surfaces, air purification, and hand cleaning.
- While benzalkonium chloride is the primary ingredient in many Lysol products, hydrogen peroxide is the principal component of the Lysol “Power and Free” line.
- Since its evolution in the late 19th century, it’s been a cleaning agent for homes and businesses and formerly a medicinal disinfectant.
- The Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner helps create clean, fresh surfaces in bathrooms, kitchens, and other typical household areas. It claims to remove up to 99.9% of germs while cutting through thick grease and soap scum to help busy families rest easily.
- It is a gem and provides a complete, long-lasting freshness. Moreover, it works best on hard, non-porous surfaces in the home’s kitchen, bathroom, and other rooms. Additionally, it assures the cleaning of the following rough surfaces.
- Even when diluted, this all-purpose cleanser pour can be used to sterilize and disinfect hard surfaces. You will get peace of mind. Primarily, it eliminates soap scum, reduces grease, disinfects, and kills bacteria, mold, and mildew.
Ajax Liquid Household Cleaner
Colgate-Palmolive sells cleaning supplies and detergents under the Ajax name. Colgate-Palmolive also holds a license for the brand in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
One of the company’s first significant brands, Ajax Powdered Cleanser, was launched by Colgate-Palmolive in 1947.
Its components are quartz, sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, and sodium carbonate. The Ajax brand expanded to encompass a line of domestic cleaning products and detergents.
The first rival to Mr. Clean from Procter and Gamble was Ajax All Purpose Cleaner with Ammonia. It was released in 1962.
Moreover, it enjoyed its most tremendous success during the conclusion of the 1960s and the start of the 1970s. Ajax also produced other goods, such as Ajax Bucket of Power (1963), a power floor cleaner with ammonia, Ajax Laundry Detergent (1964), and Ajax Window Cleaner using Hex ammonia (1965).
The final successful Ajax line extension in North America debuted in 1971 with Ajax for Dishes (Ajax Dishwashing Liquid). “Stronger than dirt!” is the tagline for the original Ajax Powdered Cleanser, named after the mighty Greek hero Ajax.
Differences Between Pine-Sol, Fabuloso, Lysol, and Ajax Cleaners
|Characteristics||Pine oil gives it its characteristic scent. Although it cleans well, it does not eradicate bacteria.||Fabuloso is an affordable cleanser with a pleasant scent.||Lysol is a disinfectant used to kill germs and bacteria.||Ajax cleaners are good for removing dirt and filth from the tires of cars, the gears of bikes, plastic containers, and hand tools.|
|pH Level||Pine-Sol having a pH of 4, has a moderately acidic composition.||The pH of the Fabuloso all-purpose cleanser is 7, which indicates that the substance is nearly neutral.||The pH of Lysol is between 10.5-11.5, so it falls in the essential nature category.||The pH of Ajax is on the basic side of the pH scale.|
|Effectiveness||The EPA has registered Original Pine-Sol Cleaner as a disinfectant. This cleaner acts powerfully when utilized as directed at full strength.||Fabuloso claims to be effective in killing approximately 99% of viruses.||About 99% of viruses and bacteria can be eliminated by Lysol, including cold and flu viruses.||Ajax eliminates around 99.9% of bacteria from your household’s surfaces and floors. It leaves them spotless with a fresh aroma for a very long time.|
|Types of Surfaces||It eliminates up to 99.9% of germs and household bacteria on hard, non-porous surfaces when used per the package’s directions.||Fabuloso is safe to use on wooden flooring due to its pH balance. It works particularly well in removing dirt, dust, grease, and grime.||This cleanser is suitable for use in the kitchen, bathroom, and other rooms of the house with hard, non-porous surfaces||It is a multipurpose cleanser for hard surfaces. Floors, walls, and other hard washable surfaces can all be cleaned with them.|
How To Use These Multi-Surface Cleaners?
There aren’t many differences in their utilization on different surfaces. However, always take great care before their application. It is because it depends on the material of the surface. Therefore, always read the detailed instructions on the back of bottles, etc.
Before using, dilute the cleaners for porous surfaces like wooden floors; use either product to clean floors by doing the following steps:
- Combine 1/4 cup of an all-purpose cleanser with a whole gallon of room temperature or barely warm water—not boiling.
- Test the mixture on a small, less noticeable area of the floor. Please make sure no harm results from it.
- Use a mop to apply the remedy to your floors or a sponge that has been dampened.
- Rinse the floors with plain water. Finally, dry the area.
- On non-porous surfaces like tile or countertops, you can use these items straight out of the bottle.
- Liquid cleaners are effective for eliminating grime, grease, and other stains from floors. Additionally, they function effectively as disinfectants. They can help you prevent stains you can’t remove with a piece of cloth alone.
- Lysol claims to be able to destroy bacteria and germs whereas Pine-Sol, made from pine oil and having an odd fragrance, is a good cleaner but may not be able to do so.
- Fabuloso liquid cleaning is an affordable, less appealing liquid cleaner with a pleasant scent.
- Ajax cleansers are frequently used to get the dirt off plastic storage containers, hand tools, bicycle gear, vehicle tires, and tires.
- Cleaners have different odors, work well on various surfaces, and are competitively priced.
- Utilize them efficiently to achieve better results. Always read the instructions carefully and act accordingly.