Uber Technologies, Inc. is an American company that provides mobility services. Its services include ride-hailing, package delivery, couriers, food delivery, freight transportation, electric bicycles, motorized scooter rental through the partnership with Lime, and ferry transport via a partnership with local operators. A fun fact that most people might not know about Uber is that Uber doesn’t own any vehicles. It basically gets a commission from each booking. Moreover, Uber is based in San Fransisco and operates in 72 countries and 10,500 cities.
It was said that Uber had approximately 118 million monthly active users worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2021, and it generated almost 19 million trips per day. This information shows how many people use the services of Uber as it’s extremely convenient. Uber also provides various types of cars with prices depending on the car. For instance, UberX and UberXL are two of many sizes that Uber provides, and the price of UberX would be less than UberXL as UberX is a smaller vehicle, and UberXL is a bigger vehicle.
Here are some differences between UberX and UberXL.
|UberX is cheaper||UberXL is slightly expensive|
|UberX vehicles have 4 seatings||UberXL has about 6 seatings|
|UberX cars will be Sedans||UberXL cars will be SUVs or van|
- UberX: UberX is cheaper than a regular street taxi and provides better services. Moreover, it has seating for only 4 people.
- UberXL: UberXL is slightly more expensive than UberX as it is bigger, and almost 6 people can easily be seated.
The difference between UberX and UberXL is quite evident: UberX is cheaper as it’s smaller than an UberXL. With UberXL, you will get more services compared to an UberX. However, there are more UberX cars available compared to UberXL. UberXL cars will mostly be SUVs or vans with seating for up to 6 people, while UberX vehicles will most likely be sedans with a capacity for at least 4 people. Moreover, UberXL will cost you around 30% to 40% more than UberX.
Here is a video that explains the economics of Uber.
Keep reading to know more.
What is an UberX?
UberX is one of the many vehicles that Uber provides. When compared to other Uber vehicles, UberX’s consistent availability always rules them out. Moreover, there are more UberX drivers with the easiest requirements. UberX also has a wide range of vehicles. You will get fuel-efficient cars like the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry compared to other Uber services.
With UberX, you might not get luxury vehicles, but you will surely get a private, on-demand driver.
UberX would be perfect for the following occasions: a night out with friends, exploring a city on your well-deserved vacation, a casual and fun date, a ride to the airport since UberX can charge less than airport parking, or a ride to work while your car is repaired. UberX is the best option if you want a car for a short period of time.
Here is a list of some of the UberX cars:
- Acura – ILX, MDX, RDX, RL, TL, TLX, TSX
- Bentley – Flying Spur, Mulsanne
- Cadillac – CT6, CTS, DTS, Escalade, SRX, STS, XTS
- Chrysler – 200, 300, Aspen, Cirrus, Concorde, LHS, Pacifica, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town and Country, Voyager
- Fisker – Karma
- Honda – Accord, Accord Crosstour, CR-V, Civic (minimum year: 2014), Crosstour, Fit, HR-V, Odyssey, Pilot
- Hummer – H3
- Hyundai – Azera, Elantra (minimum year: 2014), Equus, Genesis, Santa Fe, Santa Fe Sport, Sonata, Tucson, Veracruz
What is an UberXL?
UberXL is one of the luxury cars which makes it expensive and can easily accommodate six people. UberXL service was mostly for families, big groups, or an individual who needs extra space for his/her luggage. Moreover, its cars will mostly be SUVs or vans.
UberXL is expensive, but every penny is worth it because of its services.
Here is a list of some UberXL vehicles:
- Acura – MDX
- Kia – Borrego, Sedona, Sorento
- Audi – Q7
- Cadillac – Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
- Chrysler – Aspen, Pacifica, Town, and Country
- Ford – Expedition, Explorer, Flex
- GMC – Acadia, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon XL Denali
- Jeep – Commander
- Chevrolet – Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse
What are the levels of Uber rides?
Considering the fact that Uber is a renowned mobility service provider, it has to have different levels of rides. Uber is used almost by every person who exists on this very planet.
There are about five types of Uber services, and each one of them is of a particular style of vehicle: UberX, UberXL, UberSELECT, UberBLACK, and last but not least UberSUV. You will choose which type of service you want, typically, the higher the uber service, the higher will be the rates.
Uber has economy and luxury rides, and you choose which one you prefer. Of course, with luxury cars, many services will be included that you might not get in cheaper rides. UberX is the most basic level of service that Uber provides, and UberBlack is the highest.
What is the most expensive Uber?
As I said, Uber has economy and luxury rides, and prices go high with what level of Uber it is. There are cheap Ubers and expensive Ubers; you choose which one you prefer.
The most expensive Uber has to be Uber Lux. The reason it’s the most expensive is, that with Uber Lux, you will get luxury cars, highly rated drivers, and the most stylish ride option. Moreover, Uber Lux is designed for moments when you want to celebrate and have a good time. Primarily, you will get black luxury cars, but there’re many other options.
Which is better, UberX or UberXL?
UberX and UberXL are both good, and many people use both. It basically depends on an individual, where he/she is getting a ride to, and how much space they need.
UberX only has seating for 4 people, and the cars are fuel-efficient, while UberXL has 6 seatings, and the cars are mostly luxurious. UberX will be perfect for an individual as he/she would still have 3 more seats for their luggage, and UberXL would be perfect for a family or a group of people.
In what city is Uber the most expensive?
Uber operates in 72 countries and 10,500 cities, and every city has its own fixed rate for Uber; prices depend on its economy basically.
An estimated monthly cost of an individual in New York is about $1,373, which doesn’t include rent. New York is considered 24.33% more expensive than Los Angeles. Thus, it’s justified why rides are so expensive.
- Uber offers various vehicle options for users, including UberX and UberXL, which differ in pricing and capacity.
- UberX is more affordable and suitable for up to four passengers. It typically features fuel-efficient sedans.
- UberXL, while slightly more expensive, can accommodate around six passengers. And it offers larger vehicles like SUVs or vans.
- The choice between UberX and UberXL depends on individual needs, such as group size and luggage space.
- Uber provides a range of ride levels, from basic to luxury, to cater to diverse preferences and budgets.
- Ride prices vary by city and economy. Due to its high living costs, New York has some of the most expensive rides.
- Uber remains a convenient 24/7 transportation option for people, whether they own a car or not. It offers flexibility and various service levels to suit different requirements.